School Survival Forums
Kids/Teens don't matter - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Youth Rights (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Kids/Teens don't matter (/showthread.php?tid=12824)

Kids/Teens don't matter - KitsuneSefam - 09-02-2008 05:09 AM

On my first day of school, we had this message on the intercom saying that our parents had to read and sign the planner for the school rules, but then this strikes me; students have to sign it too under the same terms than the parents.

Students are not relevant and don't matter at all, only the parents do? Cuckoo

We're being took in account as not being individuals

Re: Kids/Teens don't matter - random_name - 09-02-2008 07:01 AM

we have to have a form signed restricting almost everything you do. your parents sign to different things than you though.

Re: Kids/Teens don't matter - chibichibibear - 09-02-2008 10:42 AM

All of the 'contacts' we have to sign at my school must also be signed by the parents. That way, if the student is punished by the teacher whose contact that was they can say "OH! But you signed this, which clearly states I have the right to punish them this way for whatever it is they did!!!!" They can't get into trouble. And we signed saying we wouldn't break the rules, but did so another reason to punish!!

Not that all teachers in my school are that sadistic, but the contracts are just a way to protect themselves.

Re: Kids/Teens don't matter - KitsuneSefam - 09-02-2008 11:42 AM

Chibichibibear Wrote:All of the 'contacts' we have to sign at my school must also be signed by the parents. That way, if the student is punished by the teacher whose contact that was they can say "OH! But you signed this, which clearly states I have the right to punish them this way for whatever it is they did!!!!" They can't get into trouble. And we signed saying we wouldn't break the rules, but did so another reason to punish!!

Not that all teachers in my school are that sadistic, but the contracts are just a way to protect themselves.

And we are forced to sign that contract under duress =/

Re: Kids/Teens don't matter - chibichibibear - 09-02-2008 01:56 PM

Ugh, that is so true. Every one of my teachers always make you turn the contract in. If you don't turn it in, you lose points and even after all the points are gone then they call your parents. You cannot NOT turn it in.

Re: Kids/Teens don't matter - Kidshavenorightswhatsoever! - 09-03-2008 06:31 AM

You dumbarse yobs just won't give up this bloody "youth rights" sharade, will you? None of you have the foggiest idea you're your own parents' chattel until a certain age. Ranting

Re: Kids/Teens don't matter - Fire Elf - 09-03-2008 06:33 AM

Kidshavenorightswhatsoever! Wrote:You dumbarse yobs just won't give up this bloody "youth rights" sharade, will you? Ranting
Nope!...

Something wrong with that?

Re: Kids/Teens don't matter - aaaaaaasd - 09-04-2008 03:33 AM

OHNOS!
Slavemistress has returned,
a new, truly terrifying sigh to behold!
Omg

We aren't said yobs btw. Go look on myspace for those.

Kids/Teens don't matter - Geicosuave - 01-02-2017 05:10 PM

Anything you sign as a minor isn't legally binding unless a parent or guardian signs it as well. However, some school stuff doesn't have your parent or guardian signs it, so you may exploit that as you wish.