School Survival Forums
RTS games/MMORPG games - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Forum: Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: RTS games/MMORPG games (/showthread.php?tid=11657)

RTS games/MMORPG games - aewanko - 12-16-2008 12:10 PM

Can anyone recommend me any? I've enjoyed these kind of games and am willing to find more.

Re: RTS games/MMORPG games - wyldstryke - 12-16-2008 12:53 PM

mmorpg... theres really only like, 4 ways you can go with this. Everquest(which sucks), City of Heroes. World of Warcraft, or any free game( i recommend Maple Story. Runescape is alright too i spose)

for rts... um.... it sort of depends on the console >_< which one(s) wil you be playing them on?

Re: RTS games/MMORPG games - liq3 - 12-16-2008 01:07 PM

aewanko Wrote:Can anyone recommend me any? I've enjoyed these kind of games and am willing to find more.
Don't play MMORPGs. They all suck atm (i.e. huge amounts of grinding, combat takes less skill then playing pong, etc etc). If you want an MMORPG that takes skill, wait for Darkfall to come out (Official release data Jan 22).

As for RTS games, soooooo much easy. Starcraft:Broodwar is the most balanced RTS EVAH. If you want to get good though, you'll need hands that move so fast they blur. You can have tonnes of fun being a newb though. Also, the campaign is epic.

Oh. Another RTS that rocks is Complete Annihilation. It's based of Total Annihilation. It's technically a mod for the Spring Engine, which you'll need to play it. It's not that popular atm, but Balanced Annihilation is, which is also based off Total Annihilation.

Those are the only good RTS games I really know of that are good. Down of War is a PoS, that has huge balancing issues, and the heros ruin any real strategy. Warcraft 3 has the same problem. They're both just micro fests with barely any macro. Yeh, I think pretty much every other RTS sucks. Empire Earth might be good, except I've never really played it. Try that out as well if you want.

Also, if you don't mind turn based games, Go...is just well plain fucking awesome. You can apply the stuff you learn playing Go to pretty much everything. Yes, even your job.

Re: RTS games/MMORPG games - aewanko - 12-18-2008 07:29 PM

wyldstryke Wrote:mmorpg... theres really only like, 4 ways you can go with this. Everquest(which sucks), City of Heroes. World of Warcraft, or any free game( i recommend Maybe Story. Runescape is alright too i spose)

for rts... um.... it sort of depends on the console >_< which one(s) wil you be playing them on?

for the PC of course. I can never own a PS2 or other stuff like that. Too expensive!

WoW, especially the private servers, is full o'lag.

Re: RTS games/MMORPG games - liq3 - 12-18-2008 07:35 PM

wyldstryke Wrote:mmorpg... theres really only like, 4 ways you can go with this. Everquest(which sucks), City of Heroes. World of Warcraft, or any free game( i recommend Maybe Story. Runescape is alright too i spose)

D:

All of those games you mentioned suck. Except maybe City of Heroes, don't know about that one.

Re: RTS games/MMORPG games - wyldstryke - 12-19-2008 09:03 AM

liq3 Wrote:
wyldstryke Wrote:mmorpg... theres really only like, 4 ways you can go with this. Everquest(which sucks), City of Heroes. World of Warcraft, or any free game( i recommend Maple Story. Runescape is alright too i spose)

D:

All of those games you mentioned suck. Except maybe City of Heroes, don't know about that one.

not really... if they sucked so bad, there wouldnt be so many subscribers. obviously theyre doing something right

Re: RTS games/MMORPG games - arthasmenethil - 12-19-2008 09:05 AM

wyldstryke Wrote:
liq3 Wrote:
wyldstryke Wrote:mmorpg... theres really only like, 4 ways you can go with this. Everquest(which sucks), City of Heroes. World of Warcraft, or any free game( i recommend Maple Story. Runescape is alright too i spose)

D:

not really... if they sucked so bad, there wouldnt be so many subscribers. obviously theyre doing something right

Yeah i think WoW has over 10 million right now. I'm one of them Biggrin

Re: RTS games/MMORPG games - wyldstryke - 12-19-2008 09:09 AM

Quote:Yeah i think WoW has over 10 million right now. I'm one of them Biggrin

its actually 11 million and me too. Rolleyes

Re: RTS games/MMORPG games - liq3 - 12-19-2008 11:26 AM

wyldstryke Wrote:not really... if they sucked so bad, there wouldnt be so many subscribers. obviously theyre doing something right
Try again.

Honestly, I think the only reason WoW is so popular, is because it's exactly like a job. Boring, repetitive and lots of water cooler socializing. fucking easy.

Re: RTS games/MMORPG games - arthasmenethil - 12-19-2008 11:28 AM

wyldstryke Wrote:
Quote:Yeah i think WoW has over 10 million right now. I'm one of them Biggrin

its actually 11 million and me too. Rolleyes

DAMN What server do you play on and what faction?
I play on Dalvengyr; horde