School Survival Forums
New Name for the Revolution - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Youth Rights (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: New Name for the Revolution (/showthread.php?tid=11395)

Pages: 1 2

New Name for the Revolution - psychopath - 01-08-2009 12:34 PM

It's been said that people might think the SS Revolution is related to the Schutzstaffel. So Lets think of a new name.

Re: New Name for the Revolution - Nah - 01-08-2009 12:36 PM

Acronyms are nice and official sounding.

Re: New Name for the Revolution - psychopath - 01-08-2009 12:39 PM

What about the AS Revolution, which stands for anti-school?

Re: New Name for the Revolution - Rebelnerd - 01-08-2009 12:51 PM

AS is nice. Or how about FER (Free Education Revolution)?

Re: New Name for the Revolution - psychopath - 01-08-2009 12:53 PM

Rebelnerd Wrote:AS is nice. Or how about FER (Free Education Revolution)?

Sounds better than AS but what exactly do you mean by "free education"?

Re: New Name for the Revolution - psychopath - 01-08-2009 01:07 PM

[Image: anlppl.jpg]

Re: New Name for the Revolution - psychopath - 01-08-2009 01:11 PM

hey what about the "SSS Revolution"? We can pronounce as triple s revolution I'll make a pic 1 sec

[Image: 152or9f.jpg]

Re: New Name for the Revolution - Fire Elf - 01-08-2009 01:14 PM

psychopath Wrote:hey what about the "SSS Revolution"? I'll make a pic 1 sec

[Image: 152or9f.jpg]
um, no. What does the third S stand for anyway?

Besides, this logo is much better:

[Image: badge.gif]

Re: New Name for the Revolution - psychopath - 01-08-2009 01:16 PM

Hmm my mistake for mixing logos and names here.

It still needs a name

Re: New Name for the Revolution - Fire Elf - 01-08-2009 01:27 PM

Does the name really have to be something like "SHITTY ACRONYM Revolution"? We should think outside of this "which letter should we do?" room.

And please, next time you come up with a name, please don't clog up another inter-tube with one of those crappy, generic, plain-letters-on-a-circle logos. Those things don't look very revolutionary.

Re: New Name for the Revolution - psychopath - 01-08-2009 01:33 PM

Ok you seem to have a negative vibe but anyway, what do you suggest?

Re: New Name for the Revolution - Swift - 01-08-2009 02:03 PM

The Student Revolution would be nice. Short and simple.

Re: New Name for the Revolution - psychopath - 01-08-2009 02:41 PM

ThePosterFormerlyKnownAsSwift Wrote:The Student Revolution would be nice. Short and simple.

I like it, I'll make a poll when we get more names. So keep brainstorming Smile

Re: New Name for the Revolution - hbomb - 01-09-2009 11:46 AM

You could always call it "Insurrection" like the IAA are calling their thing; It's got a nice symbol at least Smile

Re: New Name for the Revolution - DeadLugosi - 01-09-2009 09:16 PM

Mmh, right, you know what we should do to get organized? A website (we could create a forum on it which'd dedicated to our stuff). And that's why we have to find a name fast, so that we can create it.

Plus, I came to think about something: what do we want to do?
That's important, do we really want to start a revolution or do we just want to inform people about school being lame?
Is it "revolution" or "information" that we want?
If we just want "information", then we should call ourselves "anti-school information [something]" or something like that, shouldn't we?

Re: New Name for the Revolution - liq3 - 01-09-2009 09:27 PM

I'm pretty sure atm the best idea is to just spread information. A revolution won't happen unless lots of people support it. They won't support it if they don't know what it is.

Re: New Name for the Revolution - Michio-kun - 01-10-2009 06:09 AM

There won't be a revolution unless people actually want a revolution. The only reason school still exists is because parents keep sending their kids there.

Re: New Name for the Revolution - DeadLugosi - 01-10-2009 09:07 AM

Mmh, right, that doesn't mean we shouldn't do information.
As for parents keeping sending their kids to school: do you really think most parents actually "send" their kids there? I mean, do they at least ask themselves whether they should send their kids to school?
The only reason school still exists is because most people see no alternatives to it, it's because it's the "default" solution. This is where we can act.

Anyway, we aren't really progressing here. Even if you think your idea is too stupid or too obvious, post it, that's brainstorming. Remember, we want to find a name, not to talk about the utility of the "revolution" (I'd like "organization" or something instead)

Re: New Name for the Revolution - liq3 - 01-10-2009 09:12 AM

Rebelnerd Wrote:AS is nice. Or how about FER (Free Education Revolution)?
This. The name makes the most sense, and FER sounds nice.

Re: New Name for the Revolution - Fire Elf - 01-10-2009 09:12 AM

No, we need a revolution, we need to end the system quickly, with no "lol organisation" slowing us down. A revolution is not a central committee, a vanguard of intellectually-advanced leaders, or an elite group of honor-rollers who won the annual popularity contest. It is a battle cry, an acronym carved into a desk, a whisper between comrades passing in the hall.

We just spread the information well enough, and it should make the revolution spread itself. Zeitgeist movie anyone?

Re: New Name for the Revolution - Michio-kun - 01-10-2009 09:34 AM

How about a slogan? I know we've talked about this before, but let's see if anyone comes up with something different.

Anti-school: Because everyone deserves an education.

Re: New Name for the Revolution - returnal - 01-10-2009 09:53 AM

Stratovarius Wrote:How about a slogan? I know we've talked about this before, but let's see if anyone comes up with something different.

Anti-school: Because everyone deserves an education.
Can't think of a slogan now, but there's this:
"There is nothing on earth intended for innocent people so horrible as a school" - George Bernard Shaw

Re: New Name for the Revolution - The Apathy - 01-10-2009 11:02 AM

I think we should make it somewhat conventional to make it more credible. like

"The war on public schooling"

We have a war on drugs so it would work.

Re: New Name for the Revolution - Fire Elf - 01-10-2009 11:19 AM

Something_Spacey Wrote:I think we should make it somewhat conventional to make it more credible. like

"The war on public schooling"

We have a war on drugs so it would work.
Actually, knowing how stupid of an idea the war on drugs is, calling ourselves the "The war on public schooling" is a good way to throw our credibility out the window.

Re: New Name for the Revolution - Rebelnerd - 01-10-2009 11:23 AM

yeah, nobody wants to associate themselves with the War and Drugs. Or the War on Terror for that matter.

Re: New Name for the Revolution - The Djinni - 01-10-2009 01:25 PM

Yay I got one!

Bush's war on terror.
Our war on terror.

Except it still need some work, and it needs to look flashy.

And for the pamphlet design we should follow in McDonald's footsteps and say the same thing over and over again in different languages.

Re: New Name for the Revolution - SoulRiser - 01-11-2009 01:08 AM

How 'bout this for a slogan? Compulsory schooling ruins education.

Re: New Name for the Revolution - The Apathy - 01-11-2009 04:22 AM

SoulRiser Wrote:How 'bout this for a slogan? Compulsory schooling ruins education.

Its seems negative and bad news ish which will draw in fewer people. Reframe it in to something like.

"Because Unschooling Betters Education!"

Re: New Name for the Revolution - Fire Elf - 01-11-2009 06:18 AM

Something_Spacey Wrote:
SoulRiser Wrote:How 'bout this for a slogan? Compulsory schooling ruins education.

Its seems negative and bad news ish which will draw in fewer people. Reframe it in to something like.

"Because Unschooling Betters Education!"
Well of course it's negative. Protests, as a rule, aren't really positive, as to protest something means to speak out against it. We want people to realise that compulsory schooling is bad, so we can rise up against it.

Besides, I don't think too many people know what "unschooling" is. And our goal is the abolition of compulsory schooling. We want to start a revolution, not some kind of unschooling clubhouse.

Re: New Name for the Revolution - psychopath - 01-11-2009 07:20 PM

Fire Elf Wrote:No, we need a revolution, we need to end the system quickly, with no "lol organisation" slowing us down. A revolution is not a central committee, a vanguard of intellectually-advanced leaders, or an elite group of honor-rollers who won the annual popularity contest. It is a battle cry, an acronym carved into a desk, a whisper between comrades passing in the hall.

We just spread the information well enough, and it should make the revolution spread itself. Zeitgeist movie anyone?

This.

We already have a meeting place, attempting to organise a second place without a revolution will be a failure.

I think that all we have to do is spread information as fast and intensely as possible, and it might work better if we use similar slogans/logos/names etc.