School Survival Forums
Forget Obama (A rant) - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Forum: Philosophy, Politics & History (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Thread: Forget Obama (A rant) (/showthread.php?tid=11206)

Forget Obama (A rant) - Vatman - 01-19-2009 11:49 AM

Why not change the world from the bottom –up- isn’t that a true democracy? Rather than concern oneself with whoever has this badge or that title, although of course there is real power in that office, real potential to do enduring good or cast a pall of destruction over the face of the earth, and that’s real enough, but politics hmmnn… if someone wanted to change the world, really had that burning passion, or at least the country of which they are appointed guardian, they’d just do it, right? Hell I would.

Ah no, that’s not a naive stance, or at least I don’t believe so, but it’s possible, really possible. In fact, though I’m a staunch believer in people, hence democracy, sometimes I do find my mind wondering if it works in practical terms any more effectively than any other form of government.

What’s the hook that keeps the Western system of government rolling on? Apathy? No obvious butchering of millions… (maybe… that depends who you ask…) or repression of opinionated thought? (Ditto.) Well hey, sometimes I see little difference between capitalism in all it’s modern glory and a traditional despot. There’s more honesty in many a tyrant than a politician.

Money is power. Popularity is the key, red tape, looking the tallest on TV… Who rules with a sense of sincerity, humanity, passion… Take the BS out of current politics and what’s left? You know the old adage, those who want power the most are those who be kept away from it at all costs. Bread and circuses… We spend a great deal of time picking apart our (potential and actual, voted for, not voted for, did you use the vote at the last election before you complained at this one, if not shut the hell up already) leaders, but again, if we cared enough, we’d have none of them! Apathy... again, all is apathy.

Don’t point the finger at someone for being a warmonger or whatever is doing the rounds without doing something about it... Talk is cheap. If people want something enough they can make it happen, or stop. Isn't that what democracy is about? If you care, -do- something, don’t whine about it. Vivre l’ égalité! Storm the White House/Bastille!

Alright, so I’m half serious, but really I do believe it. If I cared a jot for politics… oh beware. No, I’m not advocating anarchy, and no, I’m not about to suggest that the world is best served by oligarchy/despotism/fascism whatever. I do –absolutely- believe in progress, and the world has never been such a progressive, miraculous, downright amazing place as it is now. Wars? Nothing new. Famine? Old news. Terrorism? The Ancient Greeks thought it effective. Greed? Since the dawn of time, baby. In fact human nature has never changed, merely the politics.

Ok, I'm done.

Re: Forget Obama (A rant) - Thought Criminal - 01-19-2009 11:56 AM

Dang vatman. I have to say I agree with you completely on this
Win rant is win

Re: Forget Obama (A rant) - classclown - 01-20-2009 02:18 PM

high 5 lol u win

Re: Forget Obama (A rant) - Vatman - 02-04-2009 02:34 PM

Though I appreciate the hearty acknowledgment, the point of this rant is to form some kinetic energy and start movement in the moral world.

Re: Forget Obama (A rant) - classclown - 02-04-2009 02:39 PM

try publishing your stuff vatman its good and it would help the world relise things

Re: Forget Obama (A rant) - KitsuneSefam - 02-04-2009 10:57 PM

Finally a thread that doesn't kiss Obama's ass->

I fail to see why a majority of Americans still want a guy leading the state and taking all the decisions for them after 8 years of Bush just because he went on stands and spoke shit about "hope" and "change"(Which is what every dictator did to get in power). Obama is NOT gonna fix America, people have to stop shitting in their pants over politics, Obama is NOT a savior that's gonna care about your mortgage. We're just back to Clinton's people running all the rest of the stuff.

People are too lazy/stupid to take their own decisions.

Re: Forget Obama (A rant) - Vatman - 02-05-2009 01:16 AM

KitsuneSefam Wrote:Finally a thread that doesn't kiss Obama's ass->

I fail to see why a majority of Americans still want a guy leading the state and taking all the decisions for them after 8 years of Bush just because he went on stands and spoke shit about "hope" and "change"(Which is what every dictator did to get in power). Obama is NOT gonna fix America, people have to stop shitting in their pants over politics, Obama is NOT a savior that's gonna care about your mortgage. We're just back to Clinton's people running all the rest of the stuff.

People are too lazy/stupid to take their own decisions.
My thread is not...not supporting Obama. Though I don't love the chap I suppose he really can't hurt all that badly.....

My point is simply, politics, nay democracy as a whole, is based on the virtue that if something needs to be done...a better idea to be had, a new way of looking upon society and the world. The lone individual, can influence and bring about that change. No hate involved.