School Survival Forums
Bad_Engrish_Whatever's Handy Guide for newcomers - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Sticky (/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Forum: Welcome! (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Bad_Engrish_Whatever's Handy Guide for newcomers (/showthread.php?tid=11078)

Bad_Engrish_Whatever's Handy Guide for newcomers - aaaaaaasd - 01-24-2009 11:44 PM

What with the forums in decline, I thought up this little guide in 5 mins to educate newfags in the wonders of SS. Note that you don't have to follow these rules, but if you don't I'll come over to your house and force you to watch all three High School Musicals at gunpoint.

Tip #1: Please type in plain english.

srsly no 1 wants 2 wade thru 3 lines of bullsh1t.
Typing like people on Myspace is fastest way to alienate people here. It only takes a few more seconds to type in proper English, and it just makes life easier.

Tip #2: DON'T GET BUTTHURT

The last time someone got butthurt, IE: they got banned from IRC; and got annoyed and started complaining in a loud voice. It drew the forum into a stupid fight over nothing, distracting us all from the proper enemy:
Hidden stuff:
[img]http://www.efronfreak.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/high_school_musical_3_poster_no_hotlinking.jpg[/img]

Tip #3: Try Make your posts meaningful

Don't post something like "i agree lol" or a post which only consists of a smiley, and especially, TL;DR. On that note, don't deliberatly derail topics, AND DON'T RESPOND TO TROLLS! Demonater10 (a troll) derailed many interesting topics, simply because people couldn't ingore it. Simply use the ignore function on trolls, so you can't see their posts. Simple as that!

Tip# 4: Don't post spam

Or at least, if you absolutely have to, start cancer threads in the recycle bin. It's what it's there for. If you have to flame somone, do it in the Frag Arena. The recycle bin is meant for people to empty their spleens, so do it there, not on the forums.

And uh, try to make your posts interesting. That's about it.

If you think this guide sucks, well, why not keep it to yourself!

Re: Bad_Engrish_Whatever's Handy Guide for newcomers - Puchiko - 01-25-2009 10:06 AM

I don't think the guide is informative for newcomers. There's a lot of references to people a newcomer has no clue about: Sefam, Demonater10, and so on. They don't really work well as examples, because a newcomer has no fucking clue what happened.

Re: Bad_Engrish_Whatever's Handy Guide for newcomers - aaaaaaasd - 01-25-2009 09:47 PM

Ah. Good point.

Re: Bad_Engrish_Whatever's Handy Guide for newcomers - random_name - 01-26-2009 03:54 AM

when i turned up i had no idea what a troll was. or a newfag. we need a dictionary...

Re: Bad_Engrish_Whatever's Handy Guide for newcomers - Quioxte - 01-26-2009 05:04 AM

^^ that

Re: Bad_Engrish_Whatever's Handy Guide for newcomers - Sociopath - 03-11-2009 02:53 PM

they're not 'newfags' just because they're new, call them 'newcomers' or 'newbies' or 'newbs' for short (remember theres a difference between 'newbs' and 'noobs', 'noobs' are the bad kind)

other than that, looks good

Re: Bad_Engrish_Whatever's Handy Guide for newcomers - random_name - 03-12-2009 06:23 AM

Im very sorry - but did you just dig this up to post that? Which we had already covered? But meh, thats your perogative.

Re: Bad_Engrish_Whatever's Handy Guide for newcomers - Sociopath - 03-12-2009 06:27 AM

sure