School Survival Forums
Forums disabled - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Site & Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Thread: Forums disabled (/showthread.php?tid=11049)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Forums disabled - SoulRiser - 01-27-2009 02:22 AM

I disabled most of the forums 'xept the ones that actually matter. If anyone posts stuff that doesn't belong in any of those forums, it will be split to the forum where it does belong, and you can only access it once they get re-enabled again.

Re: Forums disabled - random_name - 01-27-2009 02:22 AM

=[ you're the boss, i guess.

Re: Forums disabled - Faby - 01-27-2009 02:23 AM

You fail.
That is all.

Re: Forums disabled - Sunbourn - 01-27-2009 02:25 AM

Escapist Wrote:You fail.
That is all.
This. My giving metal recomendations thread is gone. :waah:

Re: Forums disabled - KitsuneSefam - 01-27-2009 02:54 AM

LeekClock does not agree.

Re: Forums disabled - KitsuneSefam - 01-27-2009 02:59 AM

No art forums because they "don't matter"? That's insulting.

I guess I'm just gonna go somewhere else =/

Re: Forums disabled - SoulRiser - 01-27-2009 03:00 AM

I can't ban myself, will one of the admins plz ban me for a week. I gave you guys extra powahs so you can edit the forums and should actually be able to ban me.

K thx bye

Re: Forums disabled - KitsuneSefam - 01-27-2009 03:01 AM

SoulRiser Wrote:I can't ban myself, will one of the admins plz ban me for a week. I gave you guys extra powahs so you can edit the forums and should actually be able to ban me.

K thx bye

You're washing your hands over this. I knew it.

I bet this is gonna turn into a banfest of people some admins doesn't like.

You fail.

Re: Forums disabled - random_name - 01-27-2009 03:04 AM

i dont haz extra powers.

Re: Forums disabled - Faby - 01-27-2009 03:12 AM

Oh, I can totally see where you're coming from.

I understand truthfully why you believe that instead of taking a few days off and thinking about what to do about this general faggotry it's better to disable forums just because you don't consider them important, and cause drama and being a spoiled brat.

Yes, I see now.

Re: Forums disabled - KitsuneSefam - 01-27-2009 03:13 AM

Escapist Wrote:Oh, I can totally see where you're coming from.

I understand truthfully why you believe that instead of taking a few days off and thinking about what to do about this general faggotry it's better to disable forums just because you don't consider them important, and cause drama and being a spoiled brat.

Yes, I see now.

What I see is someone just throwing up, giving total powers to all the admins.

Re: Forums disabled - random_name - 01-27-2009 03:24 AM

just stop arguing. it is these arguments that contributed to this in the first place - can you not see that?

Re: Forums disabled - Vatman - 01-27-2009 03:31 AM

I don't believe this is the answer Soul, would you like to know what changed in SS over these last two years? Its very simple. Friendship. DocJohnson, Wolf, Happy Camper, Oblivion, Modest Mouse, LifeIsCheese, Kirby, Will, Freak, and you were more then just people who were dissatisfied with the current school system and didn't measure the success of the forum on the intelligence of the discussion. It was the community you created. The bonds you made through the light and keystrokes. That is what made School Survival into the board I joined. And if you want to save SS, I suggest you look into those roots once more.

I could tell you how to do it, I have my ideas, I always do.

But perhaps this is a personal sort of struggle, who knows Soul, perhaps you have outgrown School Survival.

Re: Forums disabled - Alucard483 - 01-27-2009 04:08 AM

I come back and half the Forum is gone, nothing of value was actually lost though. LOL

Re: Forums disabled - Rebelnerd - 01-27-2009 05:46 AM

So it's come to this at last. Congratulations people, you took a haven of free speech and fucked around until half of it got blocked out.
Soul, I've been here for ages and I've really come to respect you and what you've done for the movement. But I can't support you on this.

Re: Forums disabled - classclown - 01-27-2009 06:12 AM

soul you cant make it all seriuos you need some play time

Re: Forums disabled - Puchiko - 01-27-2009 06:28 AM

I disagree with abolishing some of the forums, I don't think it'll increase the number of good threads.

However, I strongly disagree with so much that has been said in this thread. Soul has been called "bratty" and told she fails three times. This is no time for name calling. Words have consequences, and Soul is a real person. Has it occurred to you that Soul did this under considerable pressure? When I first joined, Soul voiced her opinion/advice/hugs in nearly every thread. Her decline of activity is something I'd attribute to the degeneration of the forums. And her frustration as a masterpiece slowly rotted is understandable, and desperate times call for desperate measures (though, as said before, I don't agree with the forum locking). Soul has stayed through a lot, held on when most of the core gave up (remember the leaving bandwagon?). Do you think it's a great idea to ridicule her when she's probably at her wits end?

I may not agree with what you did, Soul, but you can count on me to support you until the biter end these forums are heading towards.

Re: Forums disabled - mudkip liek - 01-27-2009 06:50 AM

Well, this was a big mistake. You will lose a lot of members, me included.

Bye everyone.

Re: Forums disabled - Sunbourn - 01-27-2009 06:52 AM

chemistry hater Wrote:Well, this was a big mistake. You will lose a lot of members, me included.

Bye everyone.
Bye...

Re: Forums disabled - random_name - 01-27-2009 06:52 AM

great. just birlliant. another member lost. see you chem hater - i hope you come back.

Re: Forums disabled - Elfy - 01-27-2009 06:53 AM

fuck...

Re: Forums disabled - Sunbourn - 01-27-2009 06:55 AM

plz don't leave.

Re: Forums disabled - Quioxte - 01-27-2009 07:15 AM

Escapist Wrote:You fail.
That is all.

Re: Forums disabled - returnal - 01-27-2009 07:16 AM

Noo
How great.
Let's just let the forums get even worse now.

Puchiko Wrote:I disagree with abolishing some of the forums, I don't think it'll increase the number of good threads.

However, I strongly disagree with so much that has been said in this thread. Soul has been called "bratty" and told she fails three times. This is no time for name calling. Words have consequences, and Soul is a real person. Has it occurred to you that Soul did this under considerable pressure? When I first joined, Soul voiced her opinion/advice/hugs in nearly every thread. Her decline of activity is something I'd attribute to the degeneration of the forums. And her frustration as a masterpiece slowly rotted is understandable, and desperate times call for desperate measures (though, as said before, I don't agree with the forum locking). Soul has stayed through a lot, held on when most of the core gave up (remember the leaving bandwagon?). Do you think it's a great idea to ridicule her when she's probably at her wits end?

I may not agree with what you did, Soul, but you can count on me to support you until the biter end these forums are heading towards.
A good point, although I still stand by what I said.

Re: Forums disabled - Fire Elf - 01-27-2009 07:16 AM

So in order to "save" the forums, you fast-forwarded the process of their deterioration. Great fucking job. Didn't this used to be a free speech site?

Re: Forums disabled - Chrisuru - 01-27-2009 07:38 AM

Well, that's it. I'm off. Barely a week on the forums and I'm disillusioned already. Cya...

Re: Forums disabled - random_name - 01-27-2009 07:40 AM

fatherjack Wrote:Well, that's it. I'm off. Barely a week on the forums and I'm disillusioned already. Cya...

chris, dont go. seriously - the forums arent that bad now.

Re: Forums disabled - Fire Elf - 01-27-2009 07:41 AM

random_name Wrote:
fatherjack Wrote:Well, that's it. I'm off. Barely a week on the forums and I'm disillusioned already. Cya...

They're worse now, actually, since half of it got blocked.

Re: Forums disabled - random_name - 01-27-2009 07:43 AM

Fire Elf Wrote:
random_name Wrote:

They're worse now, actually, since half of it got blocked.

no, there about the same really. but with less lulz.

Re: Forums disabled - Fire Elf - 01-27-2009 07:45 AM

random_name Wrote:no, there about the same really. but with less lulz.
Which is what makes them worse.