School Survival Forums
my school says im positive for ADHD - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: School Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: my school says im positive for ADHD (/showthread.php?tid=10293)

my school says im positive for ADHD - classclown - 03-09-2009 12:28 PM

so in the mail came this faty tan envolope. it was like a whole packet of reason why i have ADHD. from how i do stuff on instict. to how i don't show emotion and have no friends. yelled at me about my inconsistent grades. and about me blurting out answers.

now they want my folks to fill out this thing to give me riddilin. and idk.

Re: my school says im positive for ADHD - Sunbourn - 03-09-2009 12:35 PM

That sucks. It's probably a false positive due to you being anti school. Read The great ADD hoax.

Re: my school says im positive for ADHD - classclown - 03-09-2009 01:46 PM

it just really bothers me. like i looked through it and apperently i was tested positive before my folks just never told me. the good thing is my parents are very anti ADD/ADHD. so ill prolly be fine unless they force it on me.

and thanks for the link 5

Re: my school says im positive for ADHD - psychopath - 03-09-2009 08:57 PM

You probably don't have ADHD, but even if you did, it's not something bad.

Re: my school says im positive for ADHD - Trar - 03-10-2009 04:09 AM

My 6th grade homeroom teacher, a person with no medical training at all, diagnosed me with ASSBURGER Aspberger's Syndrome. That was back when I still believed the bullshit like that they forced down my throat. SO FUCKING WHAT IF I'M DIFFERENT?! That does NOT give you the right to diagnose me with mystical BULLFUCKINGSHIT mental "disorders"! Now shut up and go suck a dick.

Re: my school says im positive for ADHD - Sociopath - 03-10-2009 04:19 AM

Ive read about the hoax and I agree with mostly all of it

Re: my school says im positive for ADHD - random_name - 03-10-2009 05:08 AM

So now your school are doctors?

Re: my school says im positive for ADHD - returnal - 03-10-2009 06:20 AM

|55555| Wrote:That sucks. It's probably a false positive due to you being anti school.
Plus ADHD is overfucking diagnosed anyway.

Re: my school says im positive for ADHD - Freeman - 03-10-2009 11:32 AM

Trar Wrote:My 6th grade homeroom teacher, a person with no medical training at all, diagnosed me with ASSBURGER Aspberger's Syndrome. That was back when I still believed the bullshit like that they forced down my throat. SO FUCKING WHAT IF I'M DIFFERENT?! That does NOT give you the right to diagnose me with mystical BULLFUCKINGSHIT mental "disorders"! Now shut up and go suck a dick.

I have Aspergers, they don't do much to you at all. Hell there's more pros than cons to aspergers. But I was diagnosed by doctors, so I guess mines more definite than yours Biggrin

Re: my school says im positive for ADHD - Double - 03-10-2009 09:16 PM

Hmm.. I wanted to post a link to a video, but it didn't work out (I'm in school). I'll post it when I get back home.

EDIT: http://www.wimp.com/childpredators/

Re: my school says im positive for ADHD - Swift - 03-11-2009 10:00 AM

I will call bullshit to when any school says a student has ADHD/ADD.

Re: my school says im positive for ADHD - True Strasserist - 03-15-2009 02:06 AM

be thankful and snort them pills

Re: my school says im positive for ADHD - Swift - 03-15-2009 04:30 AM

pyromaniac Wrote:be thankful and snort them pills

Justin leave damnit.

Re: my school says im positive for ADHD - Freak - 03-15-2009 09:22 AM

ADHD is a myth.

Re: my school says im positive for ADHD - AWOL - 03-15-2009 09:59 AM

Well, Freak beat me to it. I've been studying psychology for a while now (I've already outrun Uni level Biggrin) and it's a very one sided argument. There's about three professionals still arguing that ADD/ADHD is really a disorder, hell they're the only ones that think it exists at all. The other professionals are coming up with very convincing arguments that make a lot of sense. The only reason "ADD/ADHD" is still diagnosed is to simplify things. So if people ever push it just call them bullshit artists.

Also, VG Cats is so awesome Biggrin

Re: my school says im positive for ADHD - Swift - 03-15-2009 03:59 PM

火 Wrote:Also, VG Cats is so awesome Biggrin

But of course.

Re: my school says im positive for ADHD - random_name - 03-15-2009 09:45 PM

pyromaniac Wrote:be thankful and snort them pills

SUP APATHY

Re: my school says im positive for ADHD - NowhereWoman - 04-02-2009 10:53 AM

Don't take the Ritalin. They're not treating you for ADHD, they're treating you for a PERSONALITY.
There's nothing fucking wrong with you.
My mother told me that when I was little, she and my dad were talking to another couple of parents. I was running around and being my own hyper self, and one of the parents said, 'She's really hyper. You might want to get her checked out for ADD...'
My mom said that my dad had never been so publicly angry. He stood up for me, which makes me feel really smiley inside. Thank GOD I wasn't fed none of that shit (Ritalin AND all of the bullshit they TELL you about the 'disease') when I was little, I'd be a depressive cutting emo child now if I had been.

Re: my school says im positive for ADHD - Thought Criminal - 04-02-2009 11:05 AM

rubbish. there is no such thing as ADHD is bullshit people make up so they can shove pills down your throat and so the drug companies get payed for making useless drugs.
its all a hoax

Re: my school says im positive for ADHD - Stealth - 04-02-2009 08:45 PM

Don't listen to them,those psychologists can cram their papers up their ass.
Firsts things first DON'T let them run your life and change to who YOU DON'T want to be.
Another thing is you can pretend your cured or end up not going to see them anymore.

Re: my school says im positive for ADHD - xcriteria - 04-03-2009 02:18 AM

ADHD isn't a myth. Some people really do have problems with inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity that interfere significantly with their life.

Interpreting those things only as a disorder, is questionable -- they can be interpreted as personality or temperament, but when the problems are really severe, it can be useful to think of it as a disorder (or something along those lines.)

I think the problem you're all addressing is when the ADHD label (and medication) is pushed on students primarily because they fail to conform to the expectations of school. That should be fought. But when these symptoms actually get in the way of a person doing what THEY want to do, interfering with their life, then there IS a legitimate problem that should be analyized, researched, and treated in the way the person sees fit.

Traditionally, before the ADHD label someone with these symptoms would be thought of purely as misbehaving or lazy. The concept of ADHD is, in many ways, a step above that because it recognizes that these difficulties can be very unintentional and severe in some people.

Re: my school says im positive for ADHD - NowhereWoman - 04-03-2009 08:20 AM

xcriteria Wrote:ADHD isn't a myth. Some people really do have problems with inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity that interfere significantly with their life.

Interpreting those things only as a disorder, is questionable -- they can be interpreted as personality or temperament, but when the problems are really severe, it can be useful to think of it as a disorder (or something along those lines.)

I think the problem you're all addressing is when the ADHD label (and medication) is pushed on students primarily because they fail to conform to the expectations of school. That should be fought. But when these symptoms actually get in the way of a person doing what THEY want to do, interfering with their life, then there IS a legitimate problem that should be analyized, researched, and treated in the way the person sees fit.

Traditionally, before the ADHD label someone with these symptoms would be thought of purely as misbehaving or lazy. The concept of ADHD is, in many ways, a step above that because it recognizes that these difficulties can be very unintentional and severe in some people.

Positively. But if an individual is noticing that they can't sit still or do what they want, let the INDIVIDUAL, not necessarily teachers or parents, ask their doctors about it.
All of this diagnosing 5 year olds and giving them what's basically crack with a PG rating is F'd up.

Re: my school says im positive for ADHD - classclown - 04-03-2009 11:48 AM

its not crack. most people dont take it cause they dont give you that high of a dosage. atleast not high enough to make you high

Re: my school says im positive for ADHD - AWOL - 04-04-2009 09:19 AM

Save up..?

my school says im positive for ADHD - тωιѕтє∂ - 02-15-2013 06:29 AM

It's not like they care whether you have it or not...

my school says im positive for ADHD - AtheistLGBTQAnarchist - 02-15-2013 08:49 AM

that awkward moment when a post is older than 2013